There’s a lot of folks in Houston, Texas.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau’s July 1, 2015, population estimate, Houston is home to over 2.2 million souls. These people are of all ethnic backgrounds, such as Caucasian-American, African-American, Hispanic-American and Asian-American, to only name a few. When talking about Houston, no other word describes it better than “diverse.”
We Are One When We’re Hungry
When peoples of differing cultures and ethnicities make up a population, finding common ground may be a difficult undertaking. However, the one place where common ground is not a problem is food.
Everyone has to eat. Most of us love to eat and we love to try new foods. It is all about the taste, and how good the taste is lies in the hands of the chef.
Houston’s Chef Martin has taken the best from Houston’s multi-ethnic population and combined it into signature dishes at The Fork & Truck. Chef Martin’s goal is to make certain everyone in Houston knows there are incredible, innovative foods to be had outside of fancy, high-priced restaurants.
The Fork & Truck for Foodies
The eclectic cuisine you’ll find here is a tribute to Houston’s diverse cultural history and blend of ethnic populations.
For example, Chef Martin took a tried-and-true favorite – the Cubano sandwich, a beloved traditional sandwich – and added Cuban mojo sauce and a fried pickle to give an exciting twist to something we all know and love.
A Menu Worth Hollerin’ About
Chef Martin has put together an amazing menu of dishes that you won’t find offered by other food trucks or catering services in the Houston area. He’s added his own flair to each item while retaining its beloved traditional appeal. These menu offerings are sure to get your mouth watering:
- Fried Green Tomato BLT: Everyone raised in the South knows the joy of a traditional BLT sandwich. Now imagine a BLT made with a fried green tomato, then topped with Balsamic bacon and crisp lettuce. Slap some mayo on Texas Toast, pile it all up and you’ve got a serious sandwich.
- Duck Sliders: For a modern upgrade to this traditional Vietnamese dish, The Fork & Truck version uses duck breast topped with hoisin mayo, carrots, green onion, crisp cucumber, spicy jalapeno. It’s then served up on a Hawaiian Roll.
- Cuban Sandwich: This classic is dressed up with seasoned pork tenderloin and ham, followed by Swiss cheese. Add on pickles and banana peppers, then throw it in a French roll with mustard.
- Chimichurri Lamb: This unique sandwich pays tribute to South American and Mediterranean cultures to create an unforgettable delight. Fresh grilled, marinated lamb meets chimichurri mayo sauce. Throw in Greek salad to serve on pita bread and you have a meal made in Heaven.
- Elote Fritters: You can’t go wrong when you add traditional Mexican grilled corn on the cob to any meal. We dish them up as fried bites served with a cilantro cream sauce. Watch out; these guys are addictive!
- Korean Turkey Burger: Looking for a low-calorie choice? Imagine ground turkey cooked up with Korean chili paste. We pile on our own homemade kimchi for a surprising twist on a new favorite.
- Chicken Beignets: Here’s a shout out to our Cajun Houstonians. Brined chicken strips fried up crisp in beignet dough that’s served up with honey maple bourbon dipping sauce.
- Foie Gras Boudin egg rolls: Cajun fusion meets American Chinese in this amazing offering. An pastry wrapper encases chicken, pork, rice and foie gras. Dip it in our Creole mustard dipping sauce and you’ll have a new favorite in no time.